In-home care and home senior care are seeing a sharp rise in popularity lately, and it is all due to several factors. Seniors know that while they already need care and assistance to go through their daily activities, they also relish their independence.
In-home nursing care and home senior care provide the most comprehensive care a senior adult can get in one’s own home. In-home care offers help with custodial care — like bathing, getting dressed, and eating — as well as skilled care. Skilled nursing care is given by a certified therapist and covers therapeutic monitoring and treatments right in the comforts of the patient’s home.
Why hire in-home care services
- Home care provides individualized care that is conformed to the patient’s health care needs and budget.
- Home care supports and strengthens care from the patient’s family and friends.
- It is the most cost-efficient health care delivery provided since there are no room and board costs compared to nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, and hospitals.
- Home care encourages healing, as studies have shown that patients heal faster when receiving care at home.
In-home care companies have personnel with the competence in evaluating client demands and establishing care plans. The expert staff at a home care agency can facilitate client navigation through the network of health care sources and effectively convey your needs and goals to physicians and care providers. Home care agency staff can also take care of clients and their families with any emotional drawbacks and issues about accepting home care services.
What to expect from in-home care and home senior care services
You can avail of these services when you hire an in-home care service.
1. Personal care
Get personal care services for your loved one. Services include the following:
- Turning and positioning assistance
- Toileting and incontinence
- Bed and tub transfers
- Feeding and special diet
- Monitoring vital signs
- Prescribed exercise assistance
3. Daily living assistance
Daily living assistance includes:
- Medication reminders
- Errands and shopping services
- Meal preparation
- Home management services
- Appointment scheduling
3. Respite care
For respite care, you get:
- Emotional support
- Mental exercise and stimulation
- Telephone reassurance
- 24-hour care
4. Nursing services
Nursing services typically include:
- Medication and insulin administration
- Diabetes care
- Traumatic brain injury care
- Wound care
- Spinal cord injury care
- Pulmonary injury care
- Seizure disorder care
With in-home nursing services easily available in Burlington, North Carolina, you no longer have to be stressed out about visiting a clinic or hospital. Living Well Family Care provides family-focused, personalized, and trustworthy care services for you and your loved one.
We have certified caregivers and nurses to help you today!
Whether for yourself or a loved one, get in-home care you can trust. For more information, call us at (336) 763-6998. We have our friendly staff standing by to answer all your questions.